Contralateral effects of eccentric resistance training on muscle function of impaired arm of stroke patients
This study aims to improve recovery of your affected arm by training with your unaffected arm after stroke.
If you participate in this study you will receive training twice a week for 8 weeks to strengthen your arms movements. Before, during and after the program your sensory skills will be assessed with a robot.
The training will be provided and/or supervised by experienced clinical sport physiologist, and your sensory skills will be assessed by experienced researchers.
In order to participate in this study, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- have had left-sided stroke more than six months ago
- have right-sided hemiparesis, without any fixed contraction deformities
- have had ischaemic stroke
- be able to follow simple instructions
- have not participated in an intensive arm strength training program in the last 6 months
- be not using any electronic neural stimulation devices.
For further details or questions please contact Dr. Manonita Ghosh.
Email email@example.com or phone 0423 498 265