Getting back to driving

Ali W
Ali Won Monday, May 18 2026
2 Comments

Hello everyone, my name is Alison and I had a basal ganglia ischemic stroke in March 2024. 

Last year I created a podcast "One Year On" to start at the date of one year post stroke, where I shared details of my recovery.  

I published an episode specific to getting back to driving which I invite you to listen to. It's under 6 minutes long. 

https://youtu.be/Om3lGCZLXgA

2 Responses

That was great to hear Alison. I'm not able to drive since the Cavernoma on my pons, in my brainstem bled. 
I need to wait until after the next MRI before I will find out if I can drive again. That will be 9 months since the bleed. 
I hope it get my freedom back too.

Debbi :)

Thank you so much for your comment Debbi. It’s a challenge getting your freedoms back especially if recovering from a significant stroke. Mine was not as widely reaching as yours. I hope your MRI shows that your brain has recovered well to be allowed to drive again.  I found I was very tired for quite some time when I got back to driving. And I needed more down time after a drive. Wishing you well. 

Loading reply form...