Travel overseas - planning and preparation

Ali W
Ali Won Thursday, May 21 2026
1 Comment

Hi, my name is Alison. I had a basal ganglia stroke in March 2024.  I started a podcast in March 2025, as One Year On from the stroke, and have been publishing episodes weekly sharing my story of recovery.  I went to Scotland in June 2025 to see my family who I hadn't seen for seven years.  It took a lot of planning.  I am sharing this episode in the hope it may help someone planning a trip overseas.  https://youtu.be/Sxnzd4ZHQZ4?si=dVVd3CQnP70EdzpV

1 Responses

Hi Alison, thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sure it'll help stroke survivors with planning a trip. Travelling after stroke is not an easy task. I guess, travelling through Ausstralia is much easier than overseas. With my cognitive disability (don't like new places/crowds/noise) I had to travel from Melbourne to Europe. Yes, one can organise assistance at airports, but it doesn't always work... On international flights, everytime one has to change the plane one has to go through security again - take shoes off, belt, etc... and the crowds - just a nightmare...

Leave a reply

Before you can post or reply in these forums, please join our online community.