Adults with neurological conditions using graduated compression stockings
Who it's for: Survivors of stroke
What it involves: Survey, focus group and testing a method
Where: Online (survey, focus group), and in-person NSW
A University of Technology Sydney (UTS) research team is interested in the experiences using graduated compression stockings by people with mobility-impairing neurological conditions. This will inform ongoing development and improvement in the performance, fit, comfort, function, and aesthetic aspects of current graduated compression stockings.
- Adults above 18 years of age with neurological conditions (such as stroke, spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, etc.)
- Wearing graduated compression stockings.
Participants can choose to take part in any or all of the activities including:
- Part 1 – Online activities: survey (30 mins), focus group (45 mins).
- Part 2 – Measurements conducted at the UTS Central Campus: leg circumference measurement (1 hour 15 mins) and pressure measurement (30 mins). Transportation fares to attend this activity are supported, please contact the research team for more information.
Each participant will receive a:
- $25 gift card after the survey
- $25 gift card after the focus group
- $50 gift card after the measurements.
For more information, please contact Alexei Roudnitski, Research Assistant, mobile: 0478 988 831 or email: Alexei.Roudnitski@uts.edu.au