- Ross House, 247 Flinders Ln, Melbourne, VIC, 3000
Aphasia Victoria Incorporated is a recently established not-for-profit support group for people who suffer from the condition of aphasia, generally as a result of having had a stroke. The membership of the group comprises those affected by aphasia, their carers, family and friends, together with speech therapy practitioners and research scientists.
Our purpose is to advance the health of Victorians affected by the condition of aphasia, as well as provide information and support to their carers, families and associates by:
- providing a source of information on the condition, its effects, its treatment and rehabilitation
- maintaining a register of user groups and other organisations involved in the care and support of those affected by aphasia
- distributing information to members regarding activities that may be beneficial to members' health and quality of life, and in which members may wish to participate
- providing information to members on research activities that may be of interest in the future treatment and rehabilitation of the condition
- acting as a source of advice to the community, to governments and to the medical profession regarding aphasia, its effects on people's lives and the costs to the community.
Meeting day and time:
3rd Monday of every second month, from 3–4 pm.
Level 1, Meeting Room 2
247–251 Flinders Lane
Phone 0498 481 158