Podcasts are internet radio programs that you can download or listen to online with a computer, tablet or mobile phone.
In this EnableMe podcast series, we bring together stroke survivors, health professionals and researchers with practical advice for reclaiming your life after stroke.
Episode 28 – Reducing your stroke risk
Improving your stroke risk factors can reduce your chance of having another stroke. You can talk to your doctor about things like high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, cholesterol and atrial fibrillation, or irregular heartbeat. Then there those that are part of a healthy life, like quitting smoking, avoiding alcohol, and eating well and staying physically active. We talk about all these and the new i-Rebound website with stroke lived-experience advocate Meredith Burke, researcher and physiotherapist Dina Pogrebnoy, and registered nurse Fi Camino from StrokeLine.
- Episode 1 - Neuroplasticity
- Episode 2 - Fear of second stroke
- Episode 3 - How spasticity can affect you
- Episode 4 - Fatigue
- Episode 5 - Aphasia
- Episode 6 - Where is the evidence?
- Episode 7 - Sex after stroke
- Episode 8 - Pain
- Bonus episode - Nutrition and hydration
- Episode 9 - Depression and anxiety
- Episode 10 - Hand, arm and shoulder
- Episode 11 - Memory loss after stroke
- Episode 12 - Physical activity and exercise
- Episode 13 - New stroke guidelines
- Episode 14 - Stroke in your 20s and 30s
- Episode 15 - Touch and sensation
- Episode 16 - Long-term recovery
- Episode 17 - Emotional and personality changes
- Episode 18 - Driving
- Episode 19 - Travel
- Episode 20 - NDIS part 1 & 2
- Episode 21 - Incontinence
- Episode 22 - Hidden disability
- Episode 24 - Yoga
- Episode 25 - Vision
- Episode 26 - Childhood stroke
- Episode 27 - Neuroplasticity & recovery with Peter Levine
- Episode 28 - Reducing your stroke risk