Podcasts are internet radio programs that you can download or listen to online with a computer, tablet or mobile phone.
In this EnableMe podcast series, we bring together stroke survivors, health professionals and researchers with practical advice for reclaiming your life after stroke.
Episode 27 – Neuroplasticity and recovery with Peter Levine
For the 5th anniversary of the EnableMe podcast series we revisit neuroplasticity, which is the ability of the brain to change and recover after stroke. To find out what's new and how to use it in your own life, we talk to Peter Levine, author of the book Stronger After Stroke, young stroke survivor Saran Chamberlain, and physiotherapist Katherine Yong from StrokeLine.
- Episode 1 - Neuroplasticity
- Episode 2 - Fear of second stroke
- Episode 3 - How spasticity can affect you
- Episode 4 - Fatigue
- Episode 5 - Aphasia
- Episode 6 - Where is the evidence?
- Episode 7 - Sex after stroke
- Episode 8 - Pain
- Bonus episode - Nutrition and hydration
- Episode 9 - Depression and anxiety
- Episode 10 - Hand, arm and shoulder
- Episode 11 - Memory loss after stroke
- Episode 12 - Physical activity and exercise
- Episode 13 - New stroke guidelines
- Episode 14 - Stroke in your 20s and 30s
- Episode 15 - Touch and sensation
- Episode 16 - Long-term recovery
- Episode 17 - Emotional and personality changes
- Episode 18 - Driving
- Episode 19 - Travel
- Episode 20 - NDIS part 1 & 2
- Episode 21 - Incontinence
- Episode 22 - Hidden disability
- Episode 24 - Yoga
- Episode 25 - Vision
- Episode 26 - Childhood stroke
- Episode 27 - Neuroplasticity & recovery with Peter Levine