My Stroke Journey (PDF 6.1 MB) has all the information you need immediately after a stroke. It explains the different types of stroke, and provides details about stroke treatment and recovery.
We also have an Easy English version of My Stroke Journey (PDF 5.5 MB).
For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people there is also Our Stroke Journey (PDF 5.0 MB).
Our series of short fact sheets provide more detail on the following topics:
- Aged care homes after stroke
- Alcohol after stroke
- Communication after stroke
- Depression and anxiety after stroke
- Diet after stroke
- Driving after stroke
- Emotional and personality changes after stroke
- Fatigue after stroke
- Incontinence after stroke
- Medication after TIA and stroke
- Mobility and exercise after stroke
- Muscle spasticity after stroke
- Pain after stroke
- Palliative care after stroke
- Return to work after stroke
- Sex and relationships after stroke
- Swallowing problems after stroke
- Supporting children after a family member's stroke
- Thinking and perception after stroke
- Upper limb management after stroke
- Vision loss after stroke
The Post-Stroke Checklist was developed to help you talk to your healthcare team about common problems experienced by people after stroke. Fill it out and take it with you to each visit and raise relevant questions with your team.
Post-Stroke Checklist (PDF 905 KB)
Tackling depression after stroke
In this 45-minute video produced by beyondblue and the Stroke Foundation, stroke survivors and carers share their experiences of depression and mental health after stroke, and a psychiatrist gives advice for stroke survivors, carers and health professionals.
StrokeLine’s health professionals provide information, advice, support and referral. StrokeLine’s practical and confidential advice will help you manage your health better and live well.
Thank you to nib foundation and Bayer Australia for your generous support to help make MSJ possible in 2015.